The War Years is a non-commercial website dedicated to World War Two military history and those people interested in the subject.
The War Years is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Shouldyou to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The War Years may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
· Your name
· Your email address
We only collect your name and an email address so that we can respond to a specific enquiry. If you would prefer not to share this data then we also provide a telephone number for you to call.
When you complete our contact form, the data is not retained on the website or web server. Instead, your contact information is sent directly to our email in box.
Once the email has been read, and The War Years has responded the email containing your data is deleted. The War Years does not store any data within a database, spreadsheet or other data repository. We never share your data with any third party.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
· To respond to your specific enquiry. If we are unable to assist you then we will immediately delete any contact information provided to us. As a non-commercial website for military history enthusiasts we do not conduct any direct marketing or advertising activity.
How long do we retain your data?
We only retain data long enough to respond to your enquiry.
Will we use your information for marketing?
The War Years is a non-commercial, hobby website for those interested in World War Two military history. We do not retain your data for marketing purposes. We never knowingly share any data with third parties.
Children & privacy
This website is about World War Two military history. We do not knowingly contact or collect information from persons under 18 years of age. If the website is knowingly contacted by someone under 18 years of age, for a school project, for example, we will immediately seek parental consent to respond to the enquiry. If we are unable to obtain parental consent we will immediately block contact and delete all data.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent any unauthorised access or disclosure of your data, we have put in place the following safeguards:
· No data is stored on our Squarespace website or web server.
· SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. Search engines will only index the secure SSL version of this site, and visitors accessing the insecure version will be automatically directed to the secure version using HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security).
· Basic contact information is sent via our contact form to The War Years secure email account.
· Our email provides end-to-end encryption of content in transit and at rest.
· Messages sent and received using email are not accessible to our email provider. All data is encrypted (AES-256 & SSL/TLS).
· There is no tracking or logging of personally identifiable information with our email provider.
· The War Years uses strong password protection, a secure password manager and two-factor authentication (2FA) to access our secure email service.
· All emails are deleted after an enquiry has been answered.
· The War Years' LAN is protected by a firewall, antivirus software and intrusion detection. All software applications are regularly patched in accordance with good cyber security practices.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Squarespace Analytics Default Restrictions
The Squarespace analytics cookie will not activate until the visitor clicks "continue" on the cookie consent bar. If the visitor does nothing when the cookie consent notice appears then no user tracking data will be collected by default.
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
If you want to opt out, download and install the add-on for your web browser. The Google Analytics opt-out add-on is designed to be compatible with Chrome, Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Firefox and Opera.
Clear cookies from Chrome browser
Google Chrome is one of the most popular website browsers available. It is easy to remove cookies selectively or entirely by following a few simple steps:
- Advanced settings - Privacy & security - content settings - cookies
- Cookies (you have 3 main options - switch on or off)
- Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended)
- Keep local data only until you quit your browser
- Block third-party cookies - prevent third-party websites from saving and reading cookie data
Links to other websites & social media
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on a website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
· We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless required by law to do so. We will not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
· You may request details of all information that we hold about you under the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email charlie.trumpess(@)protonmail.com. You can also call us on +44 (0)7464832013.
· If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us, use the contact form provided or call us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
EU GDPR & PECR
This Website is the intellectual property of Charles Richard Trumpess, and as such is Copyright © protected by UK copyright law. Charles Richard Trumpess grants permission for this information to be reproduced for personal and educational use only. Selling without prior written consent is prohibited. Obtain permission before redistributing. Commercial publication, transmission, broadcasting, copying, hiring, lending and reproduction all or any part of the contents of this website is strictly prohibited and constitutes a breach of copyright. In all cases copyright notice/disclaimer must remain intact.
This Web site contains creative, advisory and historic materials, which Charles Richard Trumpess has endeavoured to carry out to the highest standards. However, to the extent permitted by Law, Charles Richard Trumpess will not accept liability, however caused, arising from any error or inaccuracy in the materials contained within these Web pages nor for any resulting damage, loss, expenses or claim.